Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I Cried In Kohls

I’d like to tell you this was the first time I’ve cried in Kohls, but to be honest it’s happened once before. This time the tears had nothing to do with Zachary and all to do with my new journey to health and fitness.  It was the day before I was to fly to Texas for a conference and it was either time to buy belts and suspenders or clothing that fit!  I've lost 31 pounds in the past 4 months!  I knew my clothes had been getting bigger and I’d even moved into jeans several sizes smaller but I don’t think I really KNEW that a change was taking place.  I don’t think I really believe all my effort was working.  I grabbed several items that I knew logically should fit my new size but my mind told me “no way” will those fit.  As I stood in that dressing room trying on item after item that wouldn’t have even fit a fraction of my body just a few short months ago it hit me for the first time that this was real.  And I cried.  This is really me!  I’m down several sizes and all of my hard work to eat right and exercise are paying off!  I can only say that I didn’t do this alone – oh I have put forth the effort but I can only claim that “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”




I have a long way to go.  Some weeks the weight loss plateaus and it gets discouraging.  I still have a lot of weight to lose and I know there are muscles that are hiding somewhere that are waiting to be toned and strengthened.  This is a journey and new life style for Peter and I and I’m definitely learning a lot along the way.   I hope and pray that I am becoming a good example to the 4 sets of eyes that watch us work out every evening.  I pray for the message our new habits send to our kids – that they won’t see the need to get thin and look good, but to take care of the body God’s given us. 

Recently I took a step that many would call crazy.  Throughout the past couple of months I have had many people want to know what I’m doing and what works, so I recently became a Team Beachbody coach with the goal of helping those around me start their own journey to health and fitness.  I want to share that this really is possible – I honestly never believed that.   Selling Beachbody products is part of it, but more so I want to cheer you on!  In my last post I mentioned the challenge/accountability group I was a part of.  The people in that facebook group have motivated me to keep going – to keep pushing play on those DVDs when I didn’t want to. They’ve guided me in how to eat right and get results.    They don’t all use Beachbody products and that’s okay!  It’s all about what using works for you and getting the encouragement to make changes and new habits.

I want you to know this is possible for you too!  If you just need ideas and encouragement or if you want to join the free challenge group, head to my website, www.beachbodycoach.com/jessnewland.  Click on the orange "Join" link in the middle of the page and select "Sign me up for the FREE membership."  I can then add you to our fb challenge group.  I of course can help you select a fitness program that works for you, share what programs have really helped me, and share about the amazing Shakeology shakes that truly sold Peter and I on my becoming a coach.  If you’re not ready for that just do something.  Get up and go for a walk! Already have a fitness plan but just want the accountability and encouragement?  Let me know! 


Photo Credit


What are you going to do today to get moving?!  
What are your fitness goals?  

2 comments: